Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring is Here

It has been too long since that first post.. I'm gonna get better at this, eventually. Well let's see. What's going on in the McCoy world........
This weekend the BSU from ICC went to Leadership Training Conference in Jackson, followed by me meeting up with my youth group and spending the rest of the weekend with them in Clinton. Pretty amazing weekend! God really showed up and spoke to me about several things.
Now, this week that is supposed to be easy and all because we're out of class Friday has turned in to a NIGHTMARE! Teachers are throwing tests left and right, school folks are hounding my cell phone, blah blah blah.. This is supposed to be a great week! ha However, yesterday, I got a phone call from the NMMC in Tupelo Employment Services, offering me an interview for a Paramedic position that was to be posted yesterday afternoon. I was completely shocked! I haven't even graduated yet and I have an interview in just a few days--nothing shy of a touch of the Almighty God. I have been praying about this "somethin serious"! Here I am about to graduate and don't know what I'm going to do for the summer or where I am going to live. The Savior who died for my sins and came into my life to change me has chosen to give me a relationship! Sorry if that doesnt make much since, but sometimes God-things only make sense to the one who encountered it. I should write that last sentence down..ha

OK, here's a random topic! I just received a text message from some random number. Here's the dialogue..this is no joke and it happened while i was typing. number has been changed to protect the innocent, or guilty in this case.
"A swing threw here so i can get a blunt"
Me-"Ayte my bad lost my numbers who dis is?"
Random guy-"this ralph h*e"
Me-"where u at" (thought i might could incriminate him if he was on-campus..ha
Random-"The crib"
Me-"Well I believe you have the wrong number man. I don't do blunts, and you should consider quitting yourself"
Random-"O my bad"
Random-" Man why you playin"
Me-"I aint playin man"

weird.. hmm, and even weirder, maybe God just used me to on a small level impact his life. Hey, maybe this guy will start asking me questions, turn his life over to Christ, and become the next Adrian Rodgers or Billy Graham.... call it wishful thinking if you want, but I believe in a Powerful God!

3 comments:

  1. CHad, I know you told me yesterday about this job, but I am still SOOO excited for you! You will be the Best Paramedic Northeast Miss has ever seen! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOO glad you've updated. I was being to think you weren't ever going to blog again!
    Chadder..
    Couldn't be more proud, or more excited for you. I never once had a doubt that God wouldn't provide. However, that's easy for me to say. I'm on the outside looking in...it's always easier from my point. You are one of my best friends, and God is using you. I'm enjoying watching your adventure.
    you know i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! I love the story about the blunt! I really think you should be Charlie Shift's full time dispatcher. You did a great job the other night.

    ReplyDelete