Saturday, April 25, 2009

The only constant thing in life is change..

...and it's happening again! Since the last post, a lot has occured. A couple of weeks ago, I received a call from Employment Services at NMMC-Tupelo offering me an interview for a Paramedic position. Get this--I had not even filled out an application, and they are calling me asking me to come interview=Wow.. I gladly scheduled the interview for later in the week. Later this Tuesday, I was jogging around campus. When I finished my run, I went back into my dorm to find a voicemail from a staffmember at Lifeway, offering me a position at MFUGE in South Carolina for the summer. I called him back, and after a brief phone tag, he asked me to be a Children's Ministry track and Bible study leader at their camp in SC all summer. Now the true test begins: Do I choose to do what I believe God spoke to me last summer about doing, and accept the position at MFUGE....Or do I need to take on this job, that rarely comes around.




After 2 days of prayer and deep consideration, I opted to decline with MFUGE and continue with my interview on Thursday at the hospital. As I told my best friend Austin, the interview was pretty much a breeze. I'm not bragging when I say that I simply had a peace about everything when I steppped in the entrance to the East Tower. Today is Saturday morning, and yesterday I received a call from the Ambulance Service stating I had made it to the next round of interviews. AHH! Good news, so I have another interview Monday at 1:00 PM CST (All past, current, and future prayers are appreciated).

This has been a bold step of faith declining a job I was promised to accept an interview for a job I don't even know if I'll get... Still, God is good.

My theme verse for my college career and even more today is 2 Chronicles 7:14.
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My
face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their
sin and heal their land."
Thanks and praise be to Almighty God for not failing me in this time of waiting. Until next time... Enjoy your day knowing that our Salvation rests in God alone.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for seeking His face on this! I know it was a HUGE thing for you! You are going to be the best paramedic in the world, and I'm not just saying that because I'm partial to you! I say that because you have been called, and you've followed. Praying for next upcoming interview!! :)
    love you chadder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! This is amazing. So proud that you made it through to the next round, can't say that I am surprised either. :)
    You go this boy!

    ReplyDelete