Saturday, February 27, 2010

New New New

Continuously, I'm facing new opportunities, duties, and freedoms in this life of God's. I forget sometimes that it really is His life---not mine..

Got my first bill in the mail today. DirecTV: $24.99/month. Doesn't sound so bad, but the catch is you must sign a 24 mth agreement. Still not bad, but the price goes up to 55.00/month after the first 12 mths. Yea, and my apartment complex only allows DirecTV.. Go figure!

First bill, first Church. This is my weekend to work, but I've gotta start looking for a new Church home. I'm still a member at FBC Houston; obviously, I cannot drive there every week to worship. So I've been looking around. Lots of Baptist & Non-denominational churches in Tupelo that tend to have Baptist-like beliefs. One of my friends Micah Lambert, a nurse in the ER on my shift, has been inviting me to Harrisburg since he met me.. He's singing in the morning so I'm gonna stay up after I get off at 6 and go to the 8:30AM service. Yes, I will crash afterwards for sure!

But hey, I don't see where satan should be able to use work as an excuse for me to miss worshipping my King. Just sayin!

This is my first night back on at work.. Every day I've been off this week, I've been sick with the stomach virus. Yep that means both ends! :) TMI, I know.. ha Better now, though.
Leads me to my next first.. First time I've been sick alone! You other spoiled brats who've had your parents at your every beckon call each time you've been under the weather--- Praise God for that . It will soon end. While they called and checked on me non-stop, I was physically alone. Kind of a lonely feelin'. But part of growin up.

That's all for now. Praying for my followers tonight. I pray God blesses you right where He has you serving!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Hate that you have been sick! I'm so glad that you are better.

    Coming to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Brewer Baptist is like, a fifteen minute drive from there...

    Glad you are feeling better. You are right, being sick without your mom right there, really really stinks.

    ReplyDelete