Monday, November 30, 2009

Do not be afraid; only believe

The title comes from Mark 5 when Jesus is going to see about Jairus's daughter who is ill. A ruler of the synagogue came up to Jairus and Jesus, announcing that his daughter was dead and there was no need to further bothering the Lord. Jesus heard his words and said, "Do not be afraid; only believe..." You see, Jesus knew what He was doing. No matter if the girl was alive or dead, He could heal her. I believe several things that interrupted Jesus getting to the child were lessons we can learn from.

Hope I haven't lost ya yet! You see, Jairus grew in his faith through this because he had to wait.

This rings a loud bell in my life right now. I have pleaded for specific answers from Jesus in my prayer life lately. I've come to realize that just because Almighty God isn't responding in my brain's appropriate manner--this doesn't mean He's not listening and working.

Just thought I'd share that.. came from Sunday night's message from Brian Tillman at FBC Houston.

Life's still good in my life. Had too much food at Thanksgiving, and one of the busiest nights of my career Thanksgiving night as it seemed everyone in the county needed an ambulance.

Praying for a patient of mine I had an opportunity to witness to. Please pray for him. I believe I mentioned him in my last post. I researched where he works and gonna try to follow up with him. Just pray he is receptive and gives his life to Christ! Hope everyone has a great Monday. Find time to spend quietly with Jesus today. You WON'T regret it!

3 comments:

  1. just in case this blog didnt make sense, note the time it was written. ha im off for the weekend and am a zombie right now. it sucks. Goodnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made perfect sense, chad.
    You have a gift of words!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chadder, I was just fixing to comment on one of your old posts and tell you to update.
    BUT.. you beat me to it! haha!
    So proud of you for living out Jesus!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete