Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Night Shift Life

Well, it is 0443 AM on Tuesday, and it is all but quiet in the dispatch center. For some reason, every citizen in Tupelo has decided to fight and argue tonight, causing me to have a busy night. Night shift rocks at 911, by the way. In fact, night shift rocks everywhere.. When I'm here or on the ambulance, I always have time to chill while I'm working. It's like you come to work and you better be ready--the busiest hours will be at the beginning of your shift. As the night goes on, the call volume tapers off. Tonight before work, I went and sat down at Newk's and ate a sandwich. I came in to work and the rush began. About midnight, I finally caught a break and just had to go get something else to eat at McDonald's. Hope you appreciate the links I've figured out how to do! After a lot of people going to jail in the city of Tupelo, I am preparing to go home. Right now, I am using a little spare time to read When God Writes Your Love Story. It's the most popular book by my favorite author, Eric Ludy. If you're lookin for a good easy-read book to strengthen your walk with Christ and prepare you to be the husband or wife God wants you to be, READ IT! So when I get off, I'll be driving back home to Houston, have a cup of coffee, read the Daily Journal, catch the headlines of the Today Show, watch a Third Watch re-run, and head to bed. Tonight is the party at Ashley McGee's home, reuniting the big friends group for the first time since school's out. What a joy it will be. Until next time, Go Indians and praise God Almighty for what He has done!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally impressed at your links! :)
    I can't wait to see you tonight! WHOOOO!! PARTAY TIME!!

    ReplyDelete